Send summer out with a bang with this kicky vodka infusion
Given that August is National Peach Month (who knew?) I decided to celebrate with a new infusion. Earlier in the summer I made a whole batch of boozy infusions, and the black tea lemon vodka emerged as the front-runner favorite of the bunch. So to give the infusion a new, seasonal twist, I switched up the black tea bags for ginger peach, and threw in some super-ripe, farmer’s market fresh peaches to the mix. The resulting infusion is nothing short of incredible, and its actually pretty absurd how good it tastes with a splash of iced tea and a kick of lemonade. If you want to really make these dangerous, mix the infusion with some peach flavored iced tea- and its game over! The infusion process mitigates the bite of the vodka, mollifying it into a mellow, easy mix-in. Make up a few mason jars this weekend, and enjoy the last two weeks of August with a truly exceptional cocktail in your hand.
Recipe & Directions
- Wash and cut three ripe peaches into bite-sized pieces, making sure to remove the pits.
- Take one clean Mason jar and add the chopped peaches, then add three ginger peach tea bags on top.
- Pour a decent vodka (no Popov please!) over everything, filling the jar almost to the brim.
- Screw your lid on tightly, and shake everything up to combine. Let the infusion steep in a cool, dark place for at least a week.
- Strain the liquid, discard the solids, and pour your infusion back into a clean Mason jar.
- Enjoy mixed with iced tea, lemonade, ginger ale, tonic water, peach Fresca, or any combination of the above.
- Add a sprig of mint to your glass if you’re feeling fancy!